My adult cat has stopped using the litter box, help!

• My adult cat has stopped using the litter box. New box, New litter. She had uti but gone now. That's when she stopped using box but won't go back to it.

• Hi Davis,

When you made this change of a new litterbox and litter - was it a gradual transition? Often when it is not, and made quite sudden, can cause a cat to become unhappy with the situation - and for various reasons. Often they do not like the shape or size of the new box, or the new litter type doesn't feel good on the paws. It could be the combination of new box and litter type - since neither have any familiarity (such as her scent). 
    If you believe this to be the cause, please visit our Tuft + Paw section "How To Switch Your Cat To a New Litter" for more information. 
    If litterbox/type is not the cause, please consider a trip back to your veterinarian. When cats decide to not use their litterbox - there is always a reason for this behaviour and can often be the result of an underlying medical issue. 

• @Davis Yvonne what kind of litter is it I know my cat wouldn't use the pine litter  I had bought i don't think that she liked how it felt under her paws but whenever hanging litter food or whatever you've got to do it gradually so that way they can get used to the change