Male cat won't stop meowing

• I just took in my Mom's cat after she passed away and I  have 3 female cats and her's is a male and he won't stop meowing and it has been 3 months. Any advise? 

• Hi Jan,

Even though it has been 3 months, some cats just don't deal well with change, especially if they are in their older years. Changing territory for some cats can be extremely upsetting and they can suffer from depression and/or stress as a result of it. Other times, they adapt perfectly well into a new situation - so it ultimately depends on the individual cat's personality. Also, if going from one house (as any only cat) to a multi-cat home - may also be a cause for this excessive vocalization. Medical conditions can also manifest after a move, so be sure to see a veterinarian to rule out any issues there. 
    In the meantime, you could try a synthetic pheromone such as Feliway. It contains a synthetic copy of a feline facial pheromone that can induce a state of familiarity and security within the environment, allowing him to remain more calm and comfortable in his surroundings. I recommend the multi-cat variation here. 

• Hey Jan,

I'd also add on top of Nicole's great answer. from a veterinary point of view we would consider:

• Hyperthyroidism (especially if he has other signs like weight loss and excess hunger)
    • Feline dementia (you might also notice confusion and sleepiness)
    • A source of pain (such as dental disease or joint disease)
    • Etc.

So I echo her advice a vet check is best.

It's also worth mentioning that some breeds like Bengals are naturally very vocal.