How to get my cat in a cat carrier?

• I took in a kitten named Pandora 2 years ago her mother was feral. Pandora is not friendly at all you can't pick her up he hits at you all the time she has scratched me so bad I had to get penicillin before. I can't get her in a cat carrier to take her to get her spayed what can I do? To calm her she's so unfriendly. I've got to get her fixed

• Hi Laquita, 

If using catnip, food treats or a lure toy fail to work to get Pandora into the carrier right away - you could start with a gradual introduction to the carrier. 
    Before you schedule the trip to the veterinarian, leave the carrier out (and open) for her to see and allow her time to become comfortable with its presence. Leave her meals beside it for her-so she creates positive associations with it. Place a blanket or an old T-shirt (something with either her scent or yours) inside and leave it for her to make her way inside and out on her own time, and if possible, more then once. 
    If after a couple of weeks, you are still having trouble-you could try using a synthetic pheromone such as Feliway. This is a copy of a synthetic feline facial pheromone that can induce a state of familiarity and security within the environment and allow her to remain calm and comfortable during the experience. It comes in diffuser wall plug-ins, wipes, sprays and collars. Since she is somewhat unfriendly, this can also help keep her calmer and less stressed during her usual daily routine.