Should I be concerned if my cat suddenly started hiding and only comes out for food?

• My cat is 6 yrs old and up till a few weeks ago he was still like a kitten he tore through the house and jumps half way up the wall and would always be with me on my lap and anywhere I went he followed.

The past few weeks he has been hiding under the bed and only comes out for food and litter box I am not sure what is going on with him any suggestions 

• Hi Alexa,

Provided any medical conditions have been ruled out, this sudden change in his behaviour is likely the result of a traumatic experience. Something has happened that has resulted with him being fearful and scared. This could be many things. Perhaps a visitor in the home started him? Or a loud noise outside took him by surprise? Did he accidentally knock over a lamp off a side table? 
    Whatever the trauma stems from - you will need to reassure him and bring him back out of his shell, so to speak. Slow eye blinking and physical movements around him is a great start. Allow him some one-on-one playtime therapy with a wand toy. Provide plenty of verbal encouragement and keep his daily routine regular and consistent. It will take a bit of time and patience but will be worth it.