Should I be concerned if my cat is kneading and grunting?

• My male kitten has had a habit of kneading - generally while on a wool blanket, being petted and suddenly the grunting and the kneading begins.  I've read that this could be due to leaving his Mom a little early, but wanted to know if I should be concerned since he is now 9-months old. 

Thanks

• @Richard Cox my male cat still "nurses" and kneads on the armpit of my fiance's t-shirt quite often. He was rescued at 5 weeks from our yard. He also carries off clothes we've worn and exhibits similar behavior. 

• Hi Richard,

This kneading behaviour can certainly be the result of being taken from his mother to early in life. Since he is still a kitten, you may find in-time that he will grow-out of this behaviour or could carry on throughout his life. There is no need for concern as this is just a way to self-sooth and provide himself comfort - and especially now since he's found a favourite wool blanket! ;) 

• @Phillips Betsy A 

Running off with clothes and other worn items can be viewed as a compliment. Your cat loves the scent of whoever's items it contains. Often cats like to mix their scent with that of their owners.