Female Cat rubbing and peeing on rug by front door

• I have two cats - an 11 year old male bengal and a 9 year old female adopted from a shelter.  No major issues until the female started spraying the rugs by my front door and garage door. I've caught her on camera rubbing herself against the rugs (rubber backed waterhog mats) and then spraying them along with the doors. She is in good health (and prettylitter indicates no signs of health issues). I've sprayed everything down with vinegar/enzyme cleaners but she keeps coming back!  Any other suggestions? I'm replacing the rugs now because I read the rubber might be attracting her.  Is this a thing?   She's driving me mad but has been very happy otherwise. 

• Hi Jill,

Cats generally spray to mark territory and sometimes due to stress. She is upset about something and figuring that out is the challenging part. It could be she is demonstrating her dominance towards your male cat or it could be that she hears other animals on the other side of the front and garage doors? 
    Even though you have cleaned the area throughly, she will continue to spray there if she can still smell her scent...even slightly, since she has made the association and "claimed" this spot. 
    Replacing the rugs is a good start. The rubber maybe attracting her if there is a certain scent to it that entices her. As well as replacing the rugs, try using a deterrent spray in the area. Spray the outside of the doors as well, if you sense there may be strays or wild animals coming around the area that upset her.