Why is my cat throwing up water?

• I'm new here and this is my first time to ask for advice. Cleo is our kitty. She's 7 1/2 years old.  Recently she's been drinking alot of water and then she'll throw it up. She has plenty of food to eat so why would she be doing this? We moved a couple of weeks ago and she was fine. She seemed happy here. Then this started happening a few days ago. If she does what she's been doing, then she'll lay down and sleep and when she wakes up she'll want to eat. But she'll do this again in a couple of days. Any ideas as to why?  Thank you!

• I just wanted to add an update. Our little Cleo isn't eating. Nothing all day. If she doesn't eat anything by tomorrow morning, I'll be calling the vet. 

• I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Her signs of going off her food, excess thirst and vomiting are worrying and I agree she needs to see her vet.

These signs are not specific and we'd wonder about e.g. kidney disease, liver disease, a recent toxin ingestion, a gut obstruction or pancreatitis.

The vet will examine Cleo and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan to get a clearer idea of what is going on and what she may need.

Her treatment will depend on what is found and may include e.g. fluids, anti nausea medicine and assisted feeding.

Do check around the home for any toxins she could have gotten to such as a houseplant (like a lily), cleaning product or human medicine.

We can tempt her to eat with e.g. warm tuna, mashed chicken or egg.

Hopefully she is feeling better very soon.

• Thank you! She started eating last night. And she was more than ready for her breakfast this morning. She's doing good now. But, I'm still going to call the vet. She's done this before and gets over it in a day. She tends to be anxious. The least little change will upset her. Hubby's sister came over last week and ever since then, little Cleo has been upset. So, we're thinking this may have triggered it. But, we'll see what the vet has to say. Thank you, again, for all your suggestions.

• @Marsha yes she needs to be checked out.. Update please...